This weekend I was supposed to go out for drinks with two of my friends and former coworkers. It’s been almost a year since I quit working after my daughter was born, so these get togethers are a fun chance to catch up on all the shizz.
The Facebook told me that they have both been traveling for work – including a trip to Paris. Oh the perks of work travel – dinners at the finest restaurants, deluxe hotel accommodations, not having to worry about anyone else’s butt to wipe or food to cut. Le sigh.
Lest they think my life is not as interesting these days, I started to make note of some of my recent adventures to share as a SAHM (Stay-At-Home-Mom for anyone new to the hipster internet lingo). I spend all of my time with my kids, but I really wanted to focus on me and my personal accomplishments so as not to bore them.
- I have been cooking a lot these days!
- By this I mean I have made tortilla soup 67 times.
- I have started several DIY home improvement projects!
- By this I mean I have not finished any of them.
- In case you’re wondering why I look like hell – I haven’t had a haircut in almost a year!
- Also I’m limping because I’ve grown a bunion.
- What do I do with the little free time I have? I like to blog, tweet, and talk to strangers on the Internet. #amazeballs
- I recently learned the word “amazeballs.”
- I cleaned out my closet and drawers!
- But I was unable to part with my maternity underwear. So comfy.
- Last week I had to throw away my favorite bird socks. Hole in the heel. 😦
Just as I was wrapping up my list, I got an email that they need to reschedule. Bummer. I guess I’ll take advantage of this postponement to see if I can accomplish anything else worth sharing. I don’t know, maybe something OUT OF THE